MINUTES OF THE NOVEMBER 18, 2010 MICA MEETING – LONGWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY – 7:00 p.m.
Those who signed in: President Tom Talbot, 1st Vice President Gail Lynch-Bailey, 2nd Vice President Betsey Martinez, Treasurer Larry Mazza, Membership Secy, Margaret Malloy, Rec. Secy, Barbara Shirreffs, Craig Tunjian, Fred Steinmann, Irene Steinmann, Lea VanLane, Jack Stinton, Judy Talbot, Harold Bachmann, Roberta Schlagel, Doug Wardesa, Josephine Cicciheo, Chris Hanley
I. Meeting was called to order by President Tom Talbot at 7:00 p.m. and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
II. Minutes of the October 21, 2010 meeting were read and approved as written.
III. Treasurer’s Report – As of October 31, 2010 – Savings – $3,200.35, Checking $99.50.
President’s Report/Unfinished Business:
- Blood Drive at Middle Island Fire Department
- Property at corner of Wading River Road/Middle Country Road – Construction began once again – Permit granted by Town
- Carmans River Committee – Meetings at Town Hall every Wednesday
- Eagle Scout Ceremony at Middle Island Fire Department – 2 p.m. on Sunday 11/21
- Veterans Day Ceremony was held
Open to Floor -
- Mr. Rudy Fusco spoke – Running for Fire Commissioner – Voting December 14, 2010 3-9 pm for Fire Commissioner at Middle Island Fire Department – Absentee voting questioned
- Adopt a Family discussed – Needy family in Middle Island – Drop off gifts at Margaret Malloy’s house – flyer distributed
- Melanie Cardone of Longwood Public Library – Slide Presentation – Livebrary.com – No charge to use to patrons of Longwood library.
- Presentation of renovated facilities at Middle Island’s Lakeview Rehab and Care Center – Information distributed
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm.
Respectfully submitted: Barbara Shirreffs, Rec/Corresponding Secy