Many thanks to all who wrote, called and emailed the Region 10 DOT office asking for a fix of our essential main street corridor. News12 featured our plight in an April TV story. In May we were told we’d get the stretch from Rt 21 west to the MIFD HQ repaved this year. Then that was rescinded. So we bombarded the DOT with urgent requests to fix the deadly section near the Post Office. That plea was definitely heard; we all got emails saying the DOT would repave that section before the end of June 2015, weather permitting. Today a Newsday story AND a release from Governor Cuomo’s office both featured additional info on local paving, all to be done before November 2015. Fingers crossed!
- Route 25 from East Bartlett Road to County Route 21 in the town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County
- Route 454 from Old Willets Path in the town of Smithtown to Route 111 in the town of Islip, all in Suffolk County
- Route 112 from East Main Street to Route 27 in the town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County
- Route 111 from Route 347 to Route 25/25A in the town of Smithtown, Suffolk County
- Route 25A from East Broadway to Hallock Avenue in the town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County
- Route 114 from Route 27 to Stephen Hands Path in the town of East Hampton, Suffolk County