MINUTES OF THE MARCH 15, 2012 MICA MEETING – LONGWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY
Those who signed in: Gail Lynch-Bailey, Chris Welga, Michael J. LuPinacci III, Ronald Kahl, Betty Mahan, Elizabeth Lamont, Fred/Irene Steinmann, Regina Riel, Chris Hanley, Ira Siegel, Bonnie Cornett, Rich Kollar, Sharon Noon, Roberta Schlagel, Kevin O’Connor, Libby Burke, Betsey Martinez, Judy Talbot, Tom Talbot, Barbara Shirreffs
I. Meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited
II. The Minutes of the February 16, 2012 meeting were read and approved
III. Treasurer’s report – $2,700 in savings and $185 in checking
IV. Correspondence – n/a
V. Reports of Committees/Officers – Membership Drive, Dues are due, Business Membership category now in effect; new membership form designed, business cards and literature display racks arrived, cards to be ordered
Nominating Committee – Third member needed; report will precede April election
- Five new “green” homes to be built and sold – $400,000-$460,000 on Church Lane
- Artist Lake Plaza – C&R extension extended
- Bartlett Pond Park: Revised reveg plan submitted, Pine Barrens meeting 3/21/12; dedication planning ongoing
- Library expansion related surveying ongoing; budget vote and election Tuesday 4/3/12 – Chris Hanley reported progress re: temporarily relocating library?
- Litter event scheduled for 4/21 – need to choose location for MICA participation
- Longwood CSD EMT Bond successfully passed on Tuesday, March 6th
- Fundraising idea: OneCause.com – still investigating
- ByLaws tweak- Institutional, business heads who want to join MICA
- Bicycle & Pedestrian safety webinar 3/15 – (Treasurer Larry Mazza attending)
- March 22 events – TOB Women’s Recognition Night, Longwood School Community Forum – both at 7:00 – Our own Gail Lynch-Bailey to receive award for her volunteer work here in Middle Island
- Yaphank Historical Society movie fundraiser – 3/23
- Birchwood hosting an elected official forum 4/25 – 7:00 p.m.
- Longwood Day – May 12th
- Relay-4-Life event scheduled for 5/19 – Michelle Fulmer will give details at next mtg.
Informal Discussion/Guest speaker: TOB 4th District Councilwoman Connie Kepert
Adjournment – Next meeting – April 19, 2012 – Annual Elections
Respectfully submitted: Barbara Shirreffs, Rec/Corr. Secy.