MINUTES OF THE NOVEMBER 17, 2011 MICA MEETING – LONGWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY
Those who signed in: Gail Lynch-Bailey, Jack Stinton, Judy Talbot, Barbara Shirreffs, Margaret Malloy, Fred/Irene Steinmann, Michael J. LuPinacci III, Betsey Martinez, Craig Tunjian, Edith/Harold Lilie, Monique Scott, Rich Kollar, Tom Talbot
I. Meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited
II. October 20, 2011 minutes were read and approved
III. Treasurer’s Report was read – as of October 31, 2011, Savings, $2,711.56, Checking, $93.49
IV. Unfinished Business -
- K-Mart Town Board approvals completed.
- Ben’s Paints – approvals completed, but Mrs. Lilie stated re-design may be needed due to rising cost factors.
- Question about No Gas parcel – members urged to contact Mr. Nelin.
- Library renovation: Architect selected.
- New “Welcome To Middle Island” sign installed at SW corner of Rt. 21/25
- Veterans Day event held at Bartlett Park – 11/11/11@11 good turnout
- Pasta Dinner Fundraiser for MIFD’s Laura Meisenzahl – November 19, 2011
New Business -
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) program – apply now if eligible
- “Johnny O’s” Sports Bar open (formerly Coaches Corner/Mike’s Sports Bar)
- Gail Lynch-Bailey received “Carl Verdi Community Pride Award by BOE
- Christmas Tree Lighting – Not possible this year at Astoria Federal Savings – MI
- Adopt-A-Family Christmas program – adoptee sought
- Food Pantry – December 10th at King Kullen – volunteers sought
- Recycle Bank – participation survey
Presentation – Martin Van Lith – Slide show on historical cemeteries in Brookhaven
Announcement: Craig Tunjian is running for re-election as Middle Island Fire Commissioner. Voting is Tuesday, December 14th from 3-9 p.m. at the main station on Arnold Drive
Adjournment at 9:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted – Barbara Shirreffs, Rec/Corr Secretary